The following Rental Policy outlines policy and procedures governing the rental of the South Sound Manor and its use. Should there be any questions please contact the South Sound Manor.
- All outside vendors (Catering, DJ/Band, Photographer, etc.) must provide proof of insurance of at least $1,000,000.
- Permit from Washington State Liquor Control Board is required if alcohol is to be served: https://lcb.wa.gov/licensing/banquet-permits .
- A $500,000 Special Events Insurance Endorsement will be required naming the South Sound Manor as an additional insured.
- We’ve listed a few options below that offer liquor and event insurance to assist you in your event planning needs. While we don’t recommend one company over another, we are offering a few options. Contact your own Insurance Agent/Broker to see if you can add to your coverage.
- National Alliance of Special Event Planners, Inc.
- The Event Helper .com
- Private Event Insurance by Aon
- Include any time you may need for decorating and removal of decorations in your rental time.
- No tacks. Use only painters tape. No glitter toss or confetti in the Logan room.
- Candles are only permitted if they are in a non-flammable container taller than the flame.
- No furniture may be moved outside or from room to room.
- All decorations must be removed before leaving.
- Linens, chair covers & dishes may be rented from the South Sound Manor.
Rental Equipment & Tents
- Delivery is to be scheduled with the vendor and South Sound Manor.
- All rental items (except tents) must be taken down and returned to the garage for storage before leaving.
- Pick-up for all rental items (including tents) must be scheduled no later than the next day.
- If tents with portable heat are to be used, a fire department permit is required.
- No charge for the kitchen for “staging” (using like a small room without stove, dishwasher, etc.)
- Refrigerator is always available at no cost, but all food must be removed at the end of event.
- Must rent the kitchen for use of the stove to cook or warm food.
- Must rent the kitchen for use of the dishwasher.
- Plates, silverware, glasses, wine glasses, coffee cups & saucers, are available for rent through the South Sound Manor.
- South Sound Manor does not provide any cookware or serving dishes.
- Beverages and food are to be limited to the non-carpeted areas only; EXTRA DEPOSIT WILL APPY.
- No rice, spray string, shaving cream, or glitter or confetti (in carpeted area).
- DJ’s and all other vendors shall not drink alcohol.
- Music to be turned down by 10:00 pm as required by ordinance.
- 20 amp electrical outlets are available for clients use.
- Clients are to identify electrical needs before the event – musical groups, DJ’s, espresso carts, outdoor lighting, food service, signage, etc.
Damages & Security
- You are responsible for any damages to premises.
- All personal property shall be removed for the premises at completion of the rental.
- We are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- Security – no security is provided.
- Client is responsible to remove all of their belongings including food, rental items and decorations.
South Sound Manor will take care of garbage, sweeping, mopping, etc.